Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's all good in the hood....

Say's my new ObGyn who is awesome by the way. I met her yesterday for my first appointment and to go over my plans for surrogacy. My lawyer suggested that I let her know about working with a single gay man to make sure she was OK with it. I'm pretty sure I saw Dr. B roll her eyes at me when I asked, as if to say really?, why would I have a problem?. It should be known that I live in Columbus which has the 3rd highest gay population in the country and considered the gay capitol of the Midwest. I kinda figured that any doctor dealing with surrogacy in CBus would be ok with it so I almost felt silly asking, and apparently rightly so. At any rate I am in good shape and she thinks I should have no problems being a surro as I have had no problems getting pregnant in the past and have had no gynecological issues.

So it's off to the races, R sent me a "Honey Do" list of things we need to accomplish before we go to Atlanta for our initial visit with the clinic. By the way how sweet is my "baby daddy" he specifically searched out a highly qualified female physician to work with because I prefer to work with woman. I even told him it was not really necessary since I would only be dealing with them on a couple of occasions. It's not like I have a problem with male Dr's either it's really just about the fact that I like to support woman in their professional fields. He insisted though and has met with her and is really excited to be working with her. He seemed to be very impressed with the facility, their entire faculty and setup.

It's weird as I was projectile vomiting today because of my bad tuna lunch I had my first reality check of wow I am really going to be doing this,.... and I am so excited!! As the Joker said "Here we Go"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment